Diverse career as a technologist with deep expertise in solutions architecture, sales engineering, learning and development, and organizational effectiveness. Highly educated and conversant in topics including networking, RAN and WAN topologies (SDN, private networks, mobile networks), Cloud, IoT & M2M, mobile chipset design and applications (CAT M1, NB, 5G), SaaS, virtualization, Machine to Machine (M2M)/IoT, Fixed Mobile Computing, mobile UC, LTE/4G, and enterprise mobile platforms/OS. Over 15 years experience working as a SME and resource for enterprise and Federal Public Sector customers. Thrives in a fast paced environment, and comfortable working with complexity.
- Deep partnerships and relationships with C-suite customers in enterprise, Federal, State, and local segments; diverse relationships across various technology industry partners, providers, and integrators
- Ability to apply knowledge of government & enterprise buying processes (RFI, RFQ, RFP) to successful sales outcomes
- Curriculum development, training delivery, project management, and training client engagement experience
- Member of Verizon’s “Women of Wireless” and Accessibility Governance groups
Manager, Client Engagement (Verizon)
May 2018 – Current
Act as a learning architect for the B2B channel. Partner with stakeholders to design, evaluate, and manage learning strategies and training needs of B2B clients in various channel segments including: SMB, mid-market, and Enterprise. Accountable for L&D vendor selection and assessment. Manage teams of designers, developers, project managers, and delivery professionals in functional technology pillars and subjects (including 5G, solution selling, sales process, and Private Network). Work to identify and improve skill gaps that impact key business indicators. Responsible for ensuring effective learning strategies are in place that have identified “when and where” learning is needed; prepare for implementation of “what, why and how” the learning will occur and provide value to the business by improving “what we do today” through disruptive innovation.
- Conduct needs analysis for current and new key business initiatives
- Translate relevant data is aligned with business needs & stakeholder expectations
- Align the key players by creating a project management plan for effective implementation of learning initiatives with timeline, milestones, budgets and owners.
- Partner with developers and product owners to create effective content for the business need (curriculum development) – use LMS and other L&D tools for all delivery formats (Virtual, ILT, etc)
- Prepare people & resources for an effective delivery program including logistics, schedule and reporting
- Implement and use learning initiatives.Observe & evaluate effectiveness & opportunities.
Client Partner, Connected Solutions (Verizon Enterprise)
May 2011 – May 2018
Responsible for pre and post sales solutions engineering and architecture in Federal Public Sector accounts across the CONUS. Design, implement, and support solutions including EMM, Private Networks, SCI, LMR, and M2M/IoT security solutions. Function as the technical SME and and consultant internally and externally; team with systems integrators, partners, etc through entire sales lifecycle. Participated in, led, and presented at an average of 25 face-to-face customer appointments per month. Successfully partnered with C-level customer contacts to develop solutions addressing a variety of business problems. Provided consulting, project management, and engineering services to customers including requirements analysis, planning and design, and implementation.
Key experience and success:
- Designed Data Priority Services and PNTM guides for civilian accounts
- Successfully converted over many thousand seismic and water monitoring sites from Satellite or POTS connectivity to cellular (modernization project involving PN, cloud, SCI)
- Converted several hundred weather and scientific climate analysis monitoring sites to cellular and modernized many collection systems using LTE and Verizon partnerships w/various integrators and cloud partners
- Successfully partnered with Verizon wireline and wireless teams to create Mobile Whitepapers specifying solutions design and process mapping for BYOD, MDM, service desk architecture, cloud services for various data centers, UCaaS, private applications storefront, and MEAP/EMM
- Implemented out-of-band connectivity solutions via LTE to PIP, remote wireless video surveillance and fire condition assessment tools for law enforcement teams, first responders and other mission critical projects
Consultant, Curriculum Development (Verizon Wireless)
June 2010 – May 2011
Created, managed and led development of sales and skills training curriculum for Enterprise and Government (E&G) personnel, including curriculum designed for delivery using diverse platforms and mediums (VILT, ILT, mobile, etc…). Partnered with leadership to develop engaging and creative content to facilitate learning using various adult learning theories.
Key experience and success:
- Developed and managed curricula for the following high priority projects:
- M2M (Machine to Machine) & IoT (Internet of Things) – created internal SME groups to determine scope and breadth of training needs. Partnered with leadership for each phase of the review/draft process. Partnered with marketing and sales to supplement content and gather M2M expertise
- 4G/LTE – Designed and wrote sales skills course content for leadership and sales personnel. Utilized and integrated current sales methodologies for 4G selling techniques. Curriculum was delivered using diverse formats such as: Webinar, Face to Face, Show-it (Quarterly sales testing), Online coursework (OLT)
- Use LMS (Learning Management Systems) and other organizational development tools successfully to achieve rapid development of curriculum projects
- Master of Music – 2004, University of Missouri at Kansas City- Conservatory of Music – 3.99 Cumulative GPA
- Bachelor of Music – 2001, University of Missouri at Kansas City- Conservatory of Music – 3.7 Cumulative GPA
- Honors- M.M. Summa Cum Laude, National Honor Society, National Thespian Scholarship, Three time Kansas State Champion- Speech , Debate, Forensics (1995, 1996, 1997)