Professional Resume (Corporate)
Diverse career as a technologist with deep expertise in solutions architecture, sales engineering, learning and development, and organizational effectiveness. Highly educated and conversant in topics including networking, RAN and WAN topologies (SDN, private networks, mobile networks), Cloud, IoT & M2M, mobile chipset design and applications (CAT M1, NB, 5G), SaaS, virtualization, Machine to Machine (M2M)/IoT, Fixed Mobile Computing, mobile UC, LTE/4G, and enterprise mobile platforms/OS. Over 15 years experience working as a SME and resource for enterprise and Federal Public Sector customers. Thrives in a fast paced environment, and comfortable working with complexity.
- Deep partnerships and relationships with C-suite customers in enterprise, Federal, State, and local segments; diverse relationships across various technology industry partners, providers, and integrators
- Ability to apply knowledge of government & enterprise buying processes (RFI, RFQ, RFP) to successful sales outcomes
- Curriculum development, training delivery, project management, and training client engagement experience
- Member of Verizon’s “Women of Wireless” and Accessibility Governance groups
Senior Solutions Engineer, IoT (Verizon)
August 2019 – Current
Develop complex networking solutions for partners and OEMs. Provide customer training and advisement, conduct needs analyses, develop solutions designs, and lead/manage projects using Agile principles. Regularly coordinate and manage solutions for customers, interfacing with product design, testing labs, and chipset manufacturers. Present as a SME to C-Suite internal and external partners, lead executive briefings.
Key experience and success:
- Develop and own proposals and long-term customer strategies
- Present proposed architectures and business outcomes to leadership, partners, and clients
- Provide security development, strategy, and integration across platforms
- Manage teams cross-organizationally to develop and implement customer solutions
Manager, Client Engagement (Verizon)
May 2018 – August 2019
Acted as a learning architect for technology programs nationally. Led special projects including Solutions Engineer Public Safety training and Emerging Technology programs. Partnered with stakeholders to design, evaluate, and manage learning strategies and training needs company-wide. Managed teams of designers, developers, project managers, and delivery professionals. Strategic lead for subjects including network topologies, systems architecture, process, and Private Network. Worked to identify and improve skill gaps impacting KPIs.
- Learning “visionary” for stakeholders and partners, while owning responsibility for project success
- Managed teams & created project management plans for effective implementation of learning initiatives with timeline, milestones, budgets and owners
- Trusted partner with developers and product owners to create effective content for technology learning
- Prepared people & resources for an impactful delivery program; owned logistics, schedule and reporting
Client Partner, Connected Solutions (Verizon Enterprise)
May 2011 – May 2018
Responsible for pre and post sales solutions engineering and architecture in Federal Public Sector accounts across the CONUS. Design, implement, and support solutions including EMM, Private Networks, SCI, LMR, and M2M/IoT security solutions. Function as the technical SME and and consultant internally and externally; team with systems integrators, partners, etc through entire sales lifecycle. Participated in, led, and presented at an average of 25 face-to-face customer appointments per month. Successfully partnered with C-level customer contacts to develop solutions addressing a variety of business problems. Provided consulting, project management, and engineering services to customers including requirements analysis, planning and design, and implementation.
Key experience and success:
- Designed Data Priority Services and PNTM guides for civilian accounts
- Successfully converted over many thousand seismic and water monitoring sites from Satellite or POTS connectivity to cellular (modernization project involving PN, cloud, SCI)
- Converted several hundred weather and scientific climate analysis monitoring sites to cellular and modernized many collection systems using LTE and Verizon partnerships w/various integrators and cloud partners
- Successfully partnered with Verizon wireline and wireless teams to create Mobile Whitepapers specifying solutions design and process mapping for BYOD, MDM, service desk architecture, cloud services for various data centers, UCaaS, private applications storefront, and MEAP/EMM
- Implemented out-of-band connectivity solutions via LTE to PIP, remote wireless video surveillance and fire condition assessment tools for law enforcement teams, first responders and other mission critical projects
Consultant, Curriculum Development (Verizon Wireless)
June 2010 – May 2011
Created, managed and led development of sales and skills training curriculum for Enterprise and Government (E&G) personnel, including curriculum designed for delivery using diverse platforms and mediums (VILT, ILT, mobile, etc…). Partnered with leadership to develop engaging and creative content to facilitate learning using various adult learning theories.
Key experience and success:
- Developed and managed curricula for the following high priority projects:
- M2M (Machine to Machine) & IoT (Internet of Things) – created internal SME groups to determine scope and breadth of training needs. Partnered with leadership for each phase of the review/draft process. Partnered with marketing and sales to supplement content and gather M2M expertise
- 4G/LTE – Designed and wrote sales skills course content for leadership and sales personnel. Utilized and integrated current sales methodologies for 4G selling techniques. Curriculum was delivered using diverse formats such as: Webinar, Face to Face, Show-it (Quarterly sales testing), Online coursework (OLT)
- Use LMS (Learning Management Systems) and other organizational development tools successfully to achieve rapid development of curriculum projects
- Master of Music – 2004, University of Missouri at Kansas City- Conservatory of Music – 3.99 Cumulative GPA
- Bachelor of Music – 2001, University of Missouri at Kansas City- Conservatory of Music – 3.7 Cumulative GPA
- Honors- M.M. Summa Cum Laude, National Honor Society, National Thespian Scholarship, Three time Kansas State Champion- Speech , Debate, Forensics (1995, 1996, 1997)